Thursday, January 10, 2013

Healthy Pancakes (of course blended in my NEW Vitamix)


Tonight I took the easy route and made pancakes for dinner.  Not just any ol' Bisquick pancakes though.....I found these on Pinterest (of course).  

They were SO yummy and SO healthy, and my kids loved them (shocking!), so I had to share.  


Ingredients:

6 egg whites
1 cup rolled oats, dry
1 cup cottage cheese (I used the lowfat kind)
2 tsp sugan
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

Instructions:


In a (Vitamix) blender, blend all ingredients until smooth. I used my new Vitamix and it was perfect for the occasion.  The lovefest continues.  Heat a griddle or large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. For each pancake pour 1/4 cup of batter onto griddle. Flip when they start to bubble. Cook until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batches, spraying the griddle as needed. Makes about 10 pancakes.

Number of Servings: 3

Nutritional Info Per Serving:
181 Calories, 2.7g Fat, 10mg Cholesterol, 361mg Sodium, 20g Carbs, 2.8g Fiberhttps://www.vitamix.com/Home


The little kick of cinnamon is what really makes these so tasty.  We also added a few chocolate chips (per my son's request), which made them even tastier - no syrup needed!   Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Delicious! I really need your Vitamix as we are toying with the idea of doing Dr. Oz's cleanse....not sure the food processor is going to cut it!

    ReplyDelete