Thursday, July 5, 2012

Vitamix Love

For the next two weeks, I am borrowing a friend's Vitamix blender.  O.M.G. it is awesome.   I truly didn't know what I was missing.  I have been making a veggie and fruit smoothie every morning since I started back on the Tracy Anderson diet plan, and the difference this Vitamix has made - I can't even tell you!  

Here's what goes into my blender almost every morning:



  • 3 stalks of kale
  • handful of chopped mango
  • handful of chopped pineapple
  • handful of frozen blueberries
  • 1 C apple juice OR 1 C almond milk
  • 1 apple, chopped
  • either 1 C water or 1 C ice, depending on consistency

What kind of smoothies do you all make?  I'd love some great recipes/ideas that are tried, true, and tasted......there are always tons of recipes out there for green smoothies but some are waaaay better than others.




2 comments:

  1. I like juicing spinach, kale, or greens with a lime, apple, and celery or cucumber. Then I add that to my Vitamix with frozen pineapple and frozen banana. I also juice carrots and blend with greek yogurt, frozen banana or mango, and frozen strawberries. Hope these help, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing these recipes! I, too, am fairly new to the Vitamix world, and I LOVE IT as well!! In addition to all the great smoothies, it's fabulous for soups, too!!! I roasted red peppers (4), garlic (lots!! ~ enough for your liking!), onions (again, I used a lot because I love onions ~ use to your liking! I used 3 large red onions), and as many tomatoes as you'd like (I used 15 roma)...I drizzled olive oil and seasonings of preference (sea salt, pepper, Adobe, basil) and I roasted everything for an hour in a 350' oven.

    I put it all in Vitamix, and blended for about 13-15 minutes - the most wonderful tomato/pepper soup resulted! I ate it cold the next day. You can water, chicken broth or more olive oil while blending if you want = I didn't add any and it came out great!

    Enjoy your two weeks of Vita-Living = I promise you will buy one yourself!!! Love you site ~ thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete