Thursday, December 16, 2010

Chic for Cheap...thanks Nate!




I have to tell you about a new favorite blog I heard about - Copy Cat Chic. It is FABULOUS! The blogger, Reichel Brossard, is a freelance web and print designer, but in her spare time, she writes this great blog about finding high style for a lower budget.


For example, Like this look?




She posts about many different things for the home, and can be something as simple as a rug she found at Pottery Barn that was $299, but then searched a little more and found one almost identical at Cost Plus for $179.99. Click HERE for that post.


Here's one of my FAVS so far....(and it's only been a week since I started reading her blog!)...


She found these side tables/nightlights at Design Within Reach - for $275. It's a little 'Design Without Reach for me,' but thankfully Reichel found something identical at, where else but Pottery Barn Kids for $89 (on sale from $149)! So awesome.

Also, if you read her blog, you'll find out she's expecting, which might be GREAT for all of you Moms or Moms-to-be out there who want tips on decorating a nursery. She thought she might use one of these cubes in the baby's room - perfect!

Finally, I have to tell you that I found out about her blog while watching the Nate Berkus show, and then went on Facebook to become a fan of the blog, and discovered that a fellow stay at home Mom and sorority sister of mine also loved the blog too. The reason I am telling you this - I know, windy - is because my friend writes an adorable blog, called Whine and Cheez. She lives in the Chicago burbs (recently relocated there from the city) and has a 1 yr old daughter. She writes about everything Mommy-related, as well as decorating, etc, but really she just says what's going on her her life that day! It's fun, witty, and I enjoy it immensely. And we both watch Nate, and love to cringe at his awkwardness. Ha! Check it out if you're able.

No comments:

Post a Comment