Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Star Wars Party Coming Soon.......

This weekend my beautiful baby boy is turning 4.  I can't believe it.  

We went from this:

Griffin at 6 weeks, his 1st smile caught on camera


To this, in just 4 short years.  
Griffin, almost 4, looking almost 10.



I will spare you my tears, and instead talk about what Griffin would like to talk about every second of every day, his STAR WARS BIRTHDAY PARTY!!!!!  Even though the kid has never even seen Star Wars, his library books have told him enough.  He loves it, he can't wait until he's old enough to see the movies, and he likes all the bad guys.  Nice.  

For the party this weekend, I was also told emphatically that he ONLY wanted to invite boys.  NO girls allowed.  I mentioned that I was a girl as was his sister, and he said fine, you can come and so can Gemma, but no other girls.  Whew!  Close call buddy - so close you might not have had a party (as I don't see Joe planning and executing a birthday party on his own).  ;-)

Of course I will do a full round up of the party next week on my blog, but I wanted to give you a sneak peek of some cute things I found on Etsy (of course) that will make the party that much more festive.....

First, a cute banner we needed (Yoda language):

Star Wars Banner from Etsy Shop The Polka Dot Prince
Then, cupcake toppers we wanted:

Star Wars Fondant Cupcake Toppers from Etsy seller Party NV

Finally, a craft we must make:

DIY pool noodle-light sabers we'll be making at the party

Does that peak your interest?  I have found a lot of cute ideas for this theme, so I started a Pinterest board called Star Wars Birthday.......something tells me we might have another one of these as Star Wars never gets old!  

Stay tuned next week for a full party posting......death star cake pops included.


1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Griffin!!! Star Wars is a huge hit at Stella's school... so much so that she has taken on the new title of Princess Leia just so she can still play with the boys! Oh yes, good bye Disney Princesses hello Leia!

    Cannot wait to see the post party pics!

    ReplyDelete