Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Perfectly Sweet DIY Nursery

Today I am so honored to be sharing with you some pictures of my girlfriend Katey's nursery for her newborn daughter, Mallory.  Katey has become the queen of DIY in all areas of her home, but her talent is really shown off here.  Every time I visit her, I feel like I'm walking around going 'that's amazing!' and 'how did you do that?' and 'Oh! I want to learn how to do that....'  

It's safe to say that Katey, you are my DIY inspiration.......though I haven't quite summoned the willpower to actually DO one of these projects floating around in my head.  

Without further ado, here is Miss Mallory's nursery completely decorated by her Mama and Daddy.  

What a lucky little lady (for more reasons that just this!).

Gorgeous mixture of colors and patterns.  



  • Glider & Ottoman from Dutailier, cushions were replaced to match nursery as this was from the first born's nursery.  A tip - after pricing out getting her old cushions recovered, she found it was much cheaper to just order new ones!
  • Nightstand - Target.com
  • Pink Pouf - Land of Nod Outlet  
  • Rug - Land of Nod Outlet - Raised Floral Rug








  • Artwork - Home Goods
  • Pink Chair - garage sale find, spray-painted.
  • Pink table - repurposed from the sunroom; was a martini table from West Elm. Spray painted it hot pink.



  • Wall color - Benjamin Moore's Icing on the Cake
  • Stencil color - Benjamin Moore's Forget Me Not
  • Stencil work - I must note the Katey's handy hubby did all the stencil and paint work here - what a guy!  Tom......are you for hire? 





Fabric is called Love Bird Damask; $10/yd



  • Jenny Lind Crib - DaVinci by Million Dollar Baby
  • Crib SheetCarousel Designs.  Find it at http://www.babybedding.com/.
  • Artwork above crib:   
  1. Sunshine on a Rainy Day print above crib - Etsy seller hairbrainedschemes
  2. LOVE print above crib - Etsy seller thewheatfield
  3. Needlepoint above crib - Etsy seller bopeepbaby.  It reads "Let her sleep. For when she wakes, she will move mountains."
  • the rest of the Artwork - DIY of course!
  • Bed Skirt - Pottery Barn Kids

If you have any questions about Mallory's nursery, don't hesitate to ask!  I'm happy to go straight to the source for you.  I am still in awe of all that Katey accomplished while pregnant and running after a 2 year old.....most nights I wanted to just flop into bed when I was in her shoes!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl, Katey.





8 comments:

  1. Love it all! The curtains and stenciled wall are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the nursery and all the DIY projects! Makes me want to hit the garage sales this weekend! Ruby's Big Girl room is in planning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute nursery! I love the contrasting patterns! Do you know if she had to do anything special to spray paint the martini side table... like prepare it before adding the paint or adding a special top coat? I am so tempted to paint mine, but very unsure of how the paint will take. I am loving that hers looks like it still has the original gloss like she bought it right out of the store in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Renee,
    She just spraypainted, no gloss! it obviously took really well. Glad you liked, and thanks for visiting my blog!
    Mollie

    ReplyDelete
  5. How many yards did it take for the curtains? I'm planning on ordering this fabric and not sure how much to order.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Heather, talked to Katey. She ordered 5 yards, cut it in half for the two curtains, and they have 1/4" hems. Tehy are set above the window moulding, and skim the floor. She says she also got a little extra length by using larger curtain rings. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! where did you find that adorable wallpaper?

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this room. Thanks so much for the link to the fabric. I stumbled upon this page reseaching this wall color! Lucky me, I finally found the perfect fabric to reupholster a chair for my recently flooded shore house. You made my DAY!!

    ReplyDelete