Wednesday, June 1, 2011

my Superhero party inspiration


Remember Griffin's 3rd Birthday party I posted about?  Click HERE if you don't, or want a recap.  I completely drew inspiration from my cousin-in-law Angie who has a lot of experience in this  department - she has two boys.  :-)

When we were in Kansas City, we totally lucked out and got to attend Angie's older son Grant's 6th birthday party.  It was at a place called Leaping Lizards (a gigantic bounce-house basically).  The kids had a BLAST, and again, Angie outdid herself.  Grant requested yet another Superhero party - but this time he raised the stakes:


He wanted Superman, Batman, Flash, and Green Lantern capes for his favors.  I just did Batman and thought that took a lot of time. Whew!!!  A lot for a Mommy to make.  But Angie delivered.  

Enjoy the pics!

Handmade Banners - Perfect, right?

Look at the favor bags - perfection down to the tissue that matches!

Close-up on the bags (so I can remember to copy this, ha)

Cupcake Superhero mania

More Cupcake mania
More fabulous homemade banners

Griffin & Hudson (Birthday Boy's brother, who is Griffin's age) mowing down some cupcakes.  I don't have the pics, but Griffin literally later made-out with his frosting.  HILARIOUS.

FINALLY - Grant, our birthday boy (the one in the middle flashing a smile)

Grant showing off his cape and mask 

He patiently stood still so i could get a pic of his cape - Angie lined it this time on the inside with a silky fabric, the outside is a crushed velvet.  Her first capes (prior parties) were just the crushed velvet, so this time the ante has been upped with the silky lining - MUCH more durable for wild wild boys.....

Griffin of course got a Batman cape - and he was EXCITED!  I love the silver lining - rock star!

Showing me his superhero skills (with sound effects, can you tell?)

I snuck a pic of the Flash Cape - darling.



Great great job Angie!  I was VERY impressed - you should start up an Etsy shop!  I can't wait to see what you come up with next time.......  


2 comments:

  1. TOO CUTE. I'm already plotting Henry's birthday party...which will be in October!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great party! I think boys are easier to put a party together! I am stressing trying to organize P's 1st bday...

    ReplyDelete