Tuesday, April 5, 2011

My big boy is 3!

I had SO much fun organizing and planning Griffin's party this year.  It was his first 'real' party where we invited his friends, and well, a lot of our friends' kids.  We had it at the Little Gym which turned out GREAT, the kids had a blast.  They have a party room in the back where after an hour of intense play, the kids had pizza & cupcakes (and cake!). 

I wanted to share some pics.........as you can tell from this DARLING Tiny Prints invite, it was a 'Superhero' theme. 




Daddy, Griffin & Me right before the party

I wish I had a better picture of my banners, but hung on a mirror was not ideal......however they were SO CUTE!  Etsy of course!  The vendor is called Party on Digital and she personalized everything for me, emailed me the files, and I printed them and strung them together myself. 

The party has begun.........


Griffin trying out the 'Superhero' roll

My adorable friend Janelle and her even more adorable daughter, Sloan

My fabulous friend Katey who came by herself sans kid - he was sick.  But she's holding my squishy lady Gemma, who with the dark hair and blue eyes could be her own!!

Griffin and his best cousin EVER, sweet Juliana.

Griffin and his BESTIE, Micah.  Not kidding people, his Mom and I think they're having a bro-mance.

My beautiful friend Michelle and her boys, Reed & Conner, sporting the capes and masks I made as the kids' favors. 

Our one of a kind niece Nina, who LOVES to be in front of the camera.  How cute are the girls capes and masks too?  I cannot take credit, my cousin Angie in Kansas City made capes and masks for her son's party a few months ago, and it was too cute not to copy.  Thanks Angie!


Our Superhero cupcakes - the darling Batman, Superman, and Spiderman fondant toppers were again an Etsy purchase.....Kids Cakes did a fabulous job.  They tasted great too! 

My sweet big 3 boy, marveling at his very special cake.

Blowing out the candles like a PRO!  (Daddy helping!)

Party's over! 

XO 



6 comments:

  1. Mollie, this is so adorable, looks like a blast! and you are right, Katey could be Gemma's mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those familiar faces! Loving the Superhero idea, although Henry keeps telling me he wants a princess party..hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great party Mollie! The details were so cute. Ryan loves his cape and mask!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a fun party! I love super heros! Katey is a familiar face to me! small world!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday, Griffin. Cute cupcakes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome party! It looks like Griffin had the best time! Gemma is delicious as always!

    ReplyDelete