Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Sequin Number

Last night I broke out a rather 'old' cardigan that has been in my closet for at least 5 years.  It's a sequin-y cropped sweater from Marc by Marc Jacobs that I got at Bop - when it went all the way to 70% off.  Turns out people were scared of this AMAZING color - it's a bit gold, a bit rusty, I don't really have a word for it.  Anyway, I am SO glad that people were scared of it because it's become something that has stood the test of time in my closet and whenever I break it out, it's a huge hit!  So I thought I'd share.......pardon the I Phone pics:

This shows you how it looked out to dinner in a dimly lit restaurant - love the muted sparkle

And here we are in bright light.  Still cute if I don't say so myself!

I paired it with some short navy shorts from J. Crew, some old linen & gold sparkle wedges by Mossimo from Target, and a white tank.  Since the cardigan is the main piece, I took it easy with the accessories and just wore gold hoops and my 'G' alphabet necklace from Gorjana, and of course piled on some leather wrap bracelets from Gorjana too.  

Finally - not that I'm a hairstylist or something, but I've found that when you're wearing sequins, it's so much going on that pulling your hair back is the way to go.  So a simple high bun is my favorite choice.

Hope you've been inspired to pull out your sequins for the summer!

3 comments:

  1. So cute. Look at those legs girl! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sweater. Anything sparkly i am down. Love the fit you put together.

    ReplyDelete