Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Pinterest Recipe: S'mores with a twist.

Pinterest has quickly become for me what it has become for many others who are on the good ol' world wide web daily - an obsession.  First I liked it because of all of the pretty pictures.  Then I realized - what am I doing just browsing around?  I could be creating valuable mood boards for all of the future rooms in my future house, putting together a recipe book without having to make sure my handwriting is neat, and planning birthday parties galore!??  And much, much, more!

Pinterest has me feeling very crafty these days - wanting to cook, sew, create to my heart's content.  Then I am blasted back to reality by the sound of my kids running and chasing each other around the kitchen island.  Whew!  For a minute there I was my own version of Martha Stewart.

Anyway, onto my original thought - today I got semi-crafty and decided to try out a new recipe I found on Pinterest.  The picture on Pinterest was DIVINE:

Smores dipped in chocolate.

And, they seemed relatively easy.  So I set about making these.  The recipe came from TipJunkie.com (click HERE) for it, and it is really the recipe to make S'mores Pops, but I decided that there was no need to put a 'pop' in the S'More for just a lazy Sunday afternoon.  So I took that part out of it and here's what I came up with:




Not bad for my first run at it - instead of the chocolate you see in the original picture, I used Wilton Candy Coating I had leftover from my cake pops a few weeks back.  Worked like a charm.

One tip though:  the original recipe says to put them in your toaster oven or oven at 400 degrees for a few minutes and to watch them.......that didn't so much work out for me the first time.  They graham crackers started to brown and made the oven really smokey - yikes.  So on round 2, i decided to put the oven on BROIL at 400 degrees, and  set the timer for 2 minutes.  That's ALL they needed folks.  Just enough time to make the marshmallow gooey and tan on the top.

If you want to follow my recipe page on Pinterest, feel free - I am adding to it and trying new things weekly!  Here's the link:  http://pinterest.com/mcmilano77/gooey-gooey-yum-yum/


No comments:

Post a Comment