Monday, July 18, 2011

I Love Gorgeous

Through a series of clicks on the internet last night, I happened upon a website based out of the UK that sells the most darling girls clothing.  It's a wonderful mixture of sweet plus chic - which, in my opinion is hard to do (and find) these days.  



The line is called I Love Gorgeous, and they're right - 'I do love gorgeous!'  

Their story is sweet and their inspiration is refreshing (possibly because they're Brits and mention all of the cool places in London, ok?).  I wanted to share their 'About' story from their site:


ilovegorgeous was born out of a love of textiles, colour, fashion, our favourite country India, and of course having our own children.
Our first collection was put together in 2006 following an inspirational trip to India where we sourced hand blocked prints, wonderful silks and cottons, and pretty trims. We sold it purely through friends and home sales and the business was born.
That was our market research.
We launched ilovegorgeous as a brand in AW07. Our first collection was snapped up by Selfridges and many other wonderful boutiques across the UK and Europe. Since then we have launched the ilovegorgeous website which has a truly worldwide clientele and opened our flagship shop in Notting Hill gate as well as now being stocked in Le Bon Marche Paris and Barney’s New York.
Our aim is to provide beautiful clothes for gorgeous children. We love using unusual fabrics that move with the child. Moss crepe, viscose chiffon, silk chiffon, georgette and soft cotton voile. Unusual prints are teamed with a bit of sari fabric or a slash of gold lurex. A spray of net, a hint of lace or some retro ric rac trim.

Here are some of my favorites from them..........but really, it's all cute.  










Another thing I love about their site is their lookbook.  Seriously, the models are precious, the styling is superbly creative - nothing like anything I've seen!  

Finally, they have a blog - more to obsess over.  


Have any of you heard of I love gorgeous?  I feel like I've hit the jackpot!



3 comments:

  1. Glad that you've discovered I Love Gorgeous too. I feel in love with the collections when I had my first daughter and adore all the new designs each season. It's pretty with an edge, English Vintage with an Indian influence. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous find! Can't stay to chat gotta go shop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to see some beautiful and dresses collection. This could fit as well to my child.

    ReplyDelete