Monday, April 26, 2010

Belly Bandit? Cinch? Need help!



As I have now officially hit my 3rd trimester, I'm becoming increasingly obsessed with all things BABY - new crib bedding, newborn clothing, another monitor for the house (because I'm sure we'll have to continue using one in Griffin's room), the list could go on.


However, the other thing I have been thinking about A LOT is fitting into my old clothes - someday. I hope that this time around, that 'someday' is sooner than it was after Griffin. I must admit, I was kind of lazy about the whole losing weight thing after him, and didn't really fit into my favorites until after I did Nutrisystem for a couple of months. It worked wonders - that's a whole other blog post though.


What I wanted to talk about today is what my sister in law Angie and I have been mulling over all weekend. Which belly slimmer is the best? She is also pregnant, and due June 8, 5 weeks before my due date. Neither of us used one of these contraptions the first time, mostly because we weren't really aware they existed! However this time, both of us are more anxious than ever to lose excess baby weight sooner than later.


We started checking out brands we have seen advertised in the back of pregnancy and parenting magazines, and have narrowed our search down to a couple of favorites.


First up, the Belly Bandit. This one is getting a ton of press lately because Miss Kourtney Kardashian used it and is now promoting it for the company. However, we all know good and well that Miss Kourtney also probably had a nutritionist, personal trainer, and night nanny to help get her back to her pre-pregnancy body, stat! All things that I don't have, darnit. That aside, the Belly Bandit looks like it's quite easy to use, and very adjustable as you ease down the scale. Angie and I have decided that we like the Bamboo Belly Bandit because it's antibacterial, moisture-wicking (I'm a sweaty gal, not gonna lie), and because of those reasons it's recommended to mommies who have c-sections (both of us).





The second one we like is the Cinch Tummy Wrap. The Cinch is made by a woman who also makes other shapewear, so she must know what she's talking about. However we're kind of confused on this one - they make a Cinch for moms with newborns (the Signature Cinch), and a Cinch for moms with toddlers (the Cinch Couture). The difference is that the one for moms with newborns has a pouch in front where you can place a hot or cold pack. What for? I just don't get it. Anyone know more about this? The Cinch also looks a bit more involved when putting it on - but maybe that's why it's so great? We need help on this one!


The Cinch - not the best picture, you'll have to visit their website to get a better feel for it.



Finally, a third option that Angie most definitely likes more than myself - it's called the Wink - medical grade compression and shape wear. As you can see from the picture, it looks like Spanx, right? Wink has a one-up on Spanx though because of it's patented power-stretch fabric and anti-microbial fabric. Blah blah blah to me though, because this would make me hot (running theme here); it's like one gigantic pair of underwear that comes all the way up to your ribcage. I also have an obsession with my 'fat back' (if you know me, you know about my fat back issues) and the Wink would only squish out the 'back.' Oh I'm laughing at myself as I type.



The Wink - Also, who do they have modeling this? If you're this skinny already, you don't need to be using the Wink, sister!


So I need your help - have any of you out there purchased some kind of post-pregnancy belly slimmer? Or have your friends? Angie and I need recommendations of what you or your friends have liked best. After all, it's so much better to hear it from a real person who has been there, done that, than just plucking a product out of nowhere, right? Right!

8 comments:

  1. I've been checking these same options for baby number two and am due right around when you are. Another option is the Baboosh Baby, which Brooke Burke endorses (and of course, isn't she fabulous after four kids?!) More information can be found here...www.babooshbaby.com

    I'm interested to hear from some 'regular' (read non celeb, sans trainer/nutritionist) moms think about these products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I used the Baboosh Baby (TAUT) by Brooke Burke: http://babooshbaby.com/tauts.html ! LOVED IT! Had two friends use it as well. Not going to lie that all these things make you a bit more warm and I know how you hate sweating, but it's totally worth it. As you said, Wish I had know about it the 1st time around (which both my friends Angela and Jamie were 1st timers)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard amazing thinks about baboosh baby. I found it just after I lost all the baby weight for #1 and it claims to be the original and the best. I have NO experience in any of the above... so I will be anxious to hear what you find out! Keep us posted on what you decide to go with. Old wives method is to just take an ace bandage and wrap yourself up... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I'd looked into these things a little more myself! I had the Medela post-partum wrap, and really am not a fan. It would get super bunchy after an hour or so, and the velcro stuck to everything. I'll be interested to see what you pick and how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got sucked in and bought the bamboo belly bandit as soon as I got home and I'll be honest it wasn't comfortable to sit and nurse the baby in....also I just kind of got lazy with it. I felt like you literally had to be standing the whole time in order to be comfortable....it did kind of hurt and bunch up when sitting with the baby the whole time. Bottom line...I never really used it :( You make me want to get it out and try it again though....lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am due June 20th with #1 and am looking forward to the Baboosh Baby wrap endorsed by Brooke Burke! So happy you are covering this topic...I have mine already in my hospital bag ready to go! My question is when to start wearing? My nurse tells me they will be massaging my uterus at the hospital so it would be a pain to put it on then...but I want to get right to it and start the shrinking! Any thoughts from the ladies that have used it as to when to start, and for how long...do you wear it all day??? Thanks!
    Annie
    Minneapolis

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought the Cinch was really frustrating and bulky when I bought it so I never wore it, but then I received a BFF Belly Bandit from my Mom and am still living it 4 months later. I vote for that one.
    Pam Tillman
    Florida

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous,
    Did the BFF last for a while? I mean, were you able to make it tighter and tighter as you got smaller? I am deciding between BFF and the baboosh one looks good too.. AHH!!! I'm so torn! Thanks for the help!

    ReplyDelete