Thursday, April 8, 2010

Kindermusik Magic

Today Griffin and I went to one of his and my favorite classes, Kindermusik.


If you're a Mom of a toddler or even a baby older than 8 months, I HIGHLY recommend this class! They have classes for all ages, and Kindermusik is available in most cities around the country. In class, kids play, listen and dance to music that is aimed at teaching them all sorts of skills. Coordination, rhythm, group work, I could go on and on!

Griffin gets SO excited when we arrive, because they usually let the kids bang on drums and play with different instruments while waiting for the rest of the class to arrive. And being the boy that he is, he dominates the drum like a madman. Today especially. In fact, I think he was almost daring the other kids to come over and hit the drum harder than he was! It was hilarious.

Right now we're enrolled in the 'Our Time' class, which is for kids 18 months to 3 yrs old and it's perfect for him. It's once a week, and a great outlet for him to socialize (and for me too!). They also give you a take home kit, which includes CD's and books that we listen to and read in class. Let me tell you, the CD's are GREAT for long car rides. And better than having your kid zone out to a DVD!

So - if you are looking for something to do with your toddler that is not only fun but also a huge learning opportunity for them - try out Kindermusik! The website has GREAT information and you can find a class near you.

Here are some funny pictures of Griffin showing off his 'dancing' skills at a wedding this past summer in Chicago:



Daddy & Uncle Mike teaching him some moves


Not sure that they taught him this move......let's call it breakdancing.



Gettin' down



And we're all good



1 comment:

  1. So cute! You have no idea how fast it'll go. I know I sound like the old ladies behind you in line at the pharmacy, but trust me...so fast! Enjoy every delicious baby moment because sooner than you think it'll be a little creepy to cuddle him in bed :( Mine is 12 and bigger than I am. Looking at these pictures made me want to cry. He's still my baby, and my friends assure me in a couple more years he'll let me hug and kiss him again...I'll be waiting.

    ReplyDelete