Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Favorite Mascara.....right now.




I was thinking about the fact that I haven't done a post in relation to the title of my blog - so it's about time, right?

Right. And what inspired me was that my Mom called me the other day and asked what kind of mascara I use. She, like me, is always on the hunt for the best one out there that does it all: thickens, lengthens, doesn't wear off, doesn't get stuck on your eyelids, etc.

And when she called me, I didn't have a great answer for her. I usually use drug store brands which suit me quite fine - I don't like to spend a lot of money on mascara since I use it every single day of my life (well Sundays are an exception). And that's how I accidentally found a new FAVORITE mascara. I had been to Sephora about a month ago and used my points to get a free sample of Tarte mascara.








The sample was of their 'Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara.' Naturally, I was a bit skeptical, but decided to try it since my Mom wondered what I use, and I felt kind of bad I didn't have a GREAT answer for her. After all, mascara is a necessity for someone like me who has short, barely-there eyelashes.




Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for $19





The skepticism ended there though. As soon as I started applying it, I thought, this isn't half bad! And every day since, I have liked it more and more. So much so that I went to Sephora and bought a full size tube of it! Wahoo! A new mascara for Mollie! I love it because it does and doesn't do all of what I mentioned above, it's cruelty-free, and it's a very GREEN brand. Sephora touts that this mascara is like a push up bra for your lashes, and that it increases volume by 424%. Now that's what I call marketing, but I will agree with them that it's fabulous and I have definitely become a fan.


For those of you who need a waterproof version, they also have 'Lights, Camera, Splashes' which comes in this adorable packaging, for $19.





3 comments:

  1. Hey Mollie,

    Another mascara that I love is Kiss Me by Blinc. It's the only mascara I use. It's not waterproof but it's water resistant. Thus it's easy to take off at night and will not smudge during the day. It forms tubes around you lashes making them look longer and thicker. I wore it everyday on vacation and it never smudged from water or sweat. You can get it at Sephora and it's around $22. Worth every penny. I now have all the ladies in my family hooked on it.
    Miss you...

    Vesa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz (Butler) BerryApril 29, 2010 at 4:18 PM

    Oooh, I'll have to try it. I've been on the hunt for my holy grail mascara and have tried almost everything. I have the under-eye smudge problem. I loved Exceptionnel by Chanel but can't stomach the price when it dries out so quickly. I've been using and like Lash Blast by Covergirl but hate the fat tube/wand. I'll have to try Tarte! P.S. love your blog!! My little sister is pregnant and I sent it to her too. Hope you're doing well!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im a loyal Lancome Virtouse fan and like you Liz it dries out pretty fast which kills me for the price. So with that being a problem and the need to get a new tube Im thinking I need to cruise by Sephora and try Tarte!! Thanks for the suggestion & love this blog. Cant relate to a lot of it but at least I can take notes!!!!!!
    Have an amazing Mother's Day!!!

    XOXO
    Steph

    ReplyDelete