Thursday, April 29, 2010

My Favorite Mascara.....right now.




I was thinking about the fact that I haven't done a post in relation to the title of my blog - so it's about time, right?

Right. And what inspired me was that my Mom called me the other day and asked what kind of mascara I use. She, like me, is always on the hunt for the best one out there that does it all: thickens, lengthens, doesn't wear off, doesn't get stuck on your eyelids, etc.

And when she called me, I didn't have a great answer for her. I usually use drug store brands which suit me quite fine - I don't like to spend a lot of money on mascara since I use it every single day of my life (well Sundays are an exception). And that's how I accidentally found a new FAVORITE mascara. I had been to Sephora about a month ago and used my points to get a free sample of Tarte mascara.








The sample was of their 'Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara.' Naturally, I was a bit skeptical, but decided to try it since my Mom wondered what I use, and I felt kind of bad I didn't have a GREAT answer for her. After all, mascara is a necessity for someone like me who has short, barely-there eyelashes.




Lights, Camera, Lashes by Tarte for $19





The skepticism ended there though. As soon as I started applying it, I thought, this isn't half bad! And every day since, I have liked it more and more. So much so that I went to Sephora and bought a full size tube of it! Wahoo! A new mascara for Mollie! I love it because it does and doesn't do all of what I mentioned above, it's cruelty-free, and it's a very GREEN brand. Sephora touts that this mascara is like a push up bra for your lashes, and that it increases volume by 424%. Now that's what I call marketing, but I will agree with them that it's fabulous and I have definitely become a fan.


For those of you who need a waterproof version, they also have 'Lights, Camera, Splashes' which comes in this adorable packaging, for $19.