Sunday, April 11, 2010

Unique Birthday Gifts? Hard to find!

For me, this is the very beginning of birthday season. Starting with my son Griffin, who turned 2 on April 2, I have a ton of friends and family members turning another year old this spring and summer. I don't know about you, but I am always on the hunt for a unique gift! Something that isn't too expensive, but that definitely shows thought and love went into the present. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Wrong.

I must admit, there have been times I've turned to gift cards and bath and body works gift sets. But I try not to do that too often........unless someone wants a gift card. Like from Sephora. Ha. Ha. Ha. My birthday is in June, by the way. Ha again.

Back to the subject, I recently received a gift from my good friend Michelle, who writes the blog An East Coast Girl Stuck in the Midwest, that I absolutely love! The gift was actually for Griffin, and it's hard to describe. So here's a picture.








It's letter-photo art! This artwork makes great & unique gifts for anyone....and they don't have to be a name or for a child's gift. Their website showcases city names, inspirational words like 'laugh,' and lots more. You can choose from either Sepia coloring (brown & creamy white) or Black and White, both look amazing. They also ship within a week and add a little personalization to any room. More examples:















I can't wait to get Griffin's up on his wall in his new toddler room......whenever I can muster the courage to get him out of his crib.

4 comments:

  1. thanks for the "shout out". i love the letter art! i went letter art crazy last holiday season!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great! It will look amazing in his room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those. What a great find. I'm laughing so hard at the whole SAHM thing. So obvious. I didn't think it was anything as crude as the other, which stunned me the first time I heard it, but I thought it was something design related. I'm coining a new one: I'll call you (and myself)StylishAndHipMoms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is so cute! i will definitely have to check out the website!

    ReplyDelete