Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fashion Police

As many of my high school and college friends can attest, I have long been calling myself the 'fashion police.' I know that anyone can be the fashion police at any time, but as I was mentally policing someone the other day I remembered what fun it is!

Oh she's so materialistic, you say?

You might be right. But at least I admit it.

Therefore, because I think that everyone occasionally needs to be fashion policed themselves, and fashion policing is really all in good fun (one of my favorite parts of Glamour magazine is the Glamour Don'ts), I am going to do a weekly Fashion Police post.

Yay! This may come in the form of just a description of what I saw with my own two eyes, or maybe a picture I came across on the internet or wherever, or maybe a question of a 'do' or a 'don't.' I would LOVE LOVE LOVE feedback..........

So tonight's episode of Fashion Police is this:

Last week I was at one of Griffins activities with him, and another Mom there was wearing (at 9:30am) heavy gold sparkly eyeliner. With her gym clothes.

Do or Don't?


I'm going with.......Don't.

9 comments:

  1. LOVE this. Definitely a Don't. I mean gold eyeliner, really??? What kind of gym clothes was she wearing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gym clothes and makeup is usually a no-no for me. Nice, subtle tinted moisturizer and some sheery glossy lips? A yes-yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah mascara and gloss are my go-to's for everyday mom stuff including working out.......it just looked silly! Like she was a 15 yr old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I happen to love gold eyeliner....

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok ladies if we really want to get down to it, no make-up is a no, no! gym clothes or not, put a fresh 5 minute face on, maybe save the gold eyeliner for a night on the town but at least she was making an effort...and from the sounds of it, you ladies are not putting in the time;) add some powder and blush to that tinted moisturizer, a little highlighter to the eyes with an all over neutral dosnt hurt with the mascara...whats an extra 5 minutes?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the round table here....yay for fashion police to get people talking. thanks for reading ladies, and if you have a good 'fashion police' mention, email me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm gonna love these posts... I am constantly policing people walking around the hospital... it's almost better than the airport. And glittery gold eyeliner is never a good idea at the gym.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good comments all around! Oh, anonymous writer gets the chatter going...I'm going to go w/ DON'T. I do like a little blush and mascara, but if I'm headed to the gym...I'm not putting a 'face' on to wipe off in a towel. If I'm going to a Little Gym w/ the kiddos - I would. Looking forward to next week and hope I'm never the 'don't' ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gold, sparkly eye liner fits with the area you live in. Does not surprise me!

    ReplyDelete