Friday, January 27, 2012

scrumptious new line

One new line we have coming into Wonder this spring is designed right here in the Chicago area.  


Mustard Pie Clothing.  I was turned onto it by a girlfriend who actually knows the designer (Shannon) well - and totally lucked out! Mustard Pie is one of the cutest most whimsical little girls lines out there right now.

Pulled from the Mustard Pie site, here's a little info about the line and how it came to be - a darling story.


When I was a little girl my mom was always baking.  I remember she made this amazing Lemon Meringue Pie that was just to die for.  One Mother’s Day, when i was about 5, I decided I wanted to try and make one for her instead to show her how much she meant to me.
She helped me get the crust ready, but I wanted to do the filling all by myself.  I searched high and low for that mysterious yellow filling that tasted so yummy and smooth.  Finally, I found what MUST have been the filling for her amazing Lemon Meringue pie.  I took the big jar of yellow mustard out of the refrigerator and squeezed and squeezed until the crust was full to the top! PERFECT I thought!
Starting as a young child I have always had a wild imagination and this was just one of the funny stories that reminds me how creative we are as children.  My hope in designing children’s clothing is to help them express some of that creative imagination in what they choose to wear and to make them feel like the UNIQUE and ONE OF A KIND individuals they are!
I have always had a love of fashion and my two children have reminded me of that child like creativity I had the day I made my first “Mustard Pie” and have been the inspiration for all my designs.
So without further adieu, here are some sneak peek pics from Spring.  Oh and if you want to 'like' Mustard Pie on Facebook it looks like there are some giveaways to enter from time to time....can't beat that. 






 I can't wait for it to arrive!


1 comment: