Monday, January 2, 2012

Storage Solutions

Happy 2012 everyone!

I normally do not make New Years Resolutions (such as 'work out every day') because they are not easily kept.  However this year I decided to make an easy resolution that can be worked on a little here, a little there, and by the end of 2012, I SHOULD have kept this one.

Therefore I resolve in 2012 to be more organized and less cluttered in all areas of my home.  Easy!  And fun - I love a good organization project.  who doesn't?  Ok, a lot of people don't.  But not me.  I. LOVE. TO. ORGANIZE.

My project started over this weekend already - the 'great toy cleanup' began in our house - which as many of you Mom's know entails getting all of the toys and their respective parts back together again.  We have toys, toy parts, and toy paraphernalia gracing almost every single room in our house.  It kills me!  But I try to remind myself, this is just a season of life and one day I'll miss the mess.  Anyway, in the toy cleanup, I discovered I needed a few bins for Griffin's room.  One for the MegaBloks, one for stuffed animals, and two to be tucked into a rolling book bin we got at the Land of Nod outlet (for just toy junk in general).

Here are some of the bins/containers I'm considering - but if anyone has any GREAT toy bin/storage solutions, will you please share?  I don't want to be buying more toy bins next year because these didn't make the grade.

Tubtrug® (found at cspost.com)
From gardening, entertaining, laundry, organization and storage to even animal feeding, the colorful Tubtrug® can help in almost every aspect of your everyday life. Constructed in Spain from 100% Phalate-free, food-grade plastic, the Tubtrug® is safe for kids and pets. The durable buckets feature reinforced ribbing for extra strength and two comfort grip handles. The flexible yet sturdy Tubtrug® is also frost-proof and UV resistant, which means its bright color won't fade. 

Love these for Mega Bloks 


Vintage Canvas Storage (Restoration Hardware Baby & Child)


Heavyweight canvas containers meet the organizational challenges of a child's room with ease and classic good looks
  • Natural colored canvas with a washed blue stripe
  • Features an inner lining and reinforced handles
  • In small for shelf storage or large for laundry or toys
  • Folds flat when not in use
  • 100% cotton
  • Spot clean
  • Imported
  • Can be personalized on the side of the bin without handles
Good for the book bin cubby 

Canvas Storage Collection (Pottery Barn Kids)

Designed to hold everything from laundry and diapers to toys and keepsakes, our Canvas Storage Collection brings order and style to kids’ spaces.
  • Fabric is woven of pure cotton canvas.
  • Detailed with easy-to-grab handles.
  • Can be collapsed for easy storage when not filled.
  • Each box includes 9 label cards.
  • Personalization is available on both the floor tote and the pop-up tote for an additional $7.00.
  • Catalog / Internet only.
  • Click on swatches below to view all colors and sizes.

Had to add the pink one too - stuffed animals in there?



Vintage Wood Farmhouse Crates (Restoration Hardware Baby & Child)

Plaited sides, canvas handles and metal corner brackets give our sturdy storage containers a vintage look.
  • Slat-sided construction is interwoven with jute rope
  • Metal corner brackets protect edges while reinforcing the crate's structural integrity
  • Easy to identify what's inside
  • Brown finish
  • Catalog and Web only
I just love the look of these - the large one is my favorite.  They'd look great at the foot of Griffin's bed.





2 comments:

  1. Nice! I was at Land of Nod today and they had those Tubtrugs. I nearly bought one, but the line was too long... I am going to go back and get one though. I too need a little organization in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In H's room, we have lots of the Target soft sided ones which are essentially a knock off of Nod's "I think I canvas" buckets. I have 4 in the study holding toys and 3 in his room. I love the vintage crates and agree they would be adorable at the end of a bed.

    ReplyDelete