Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Shakey Shakey

We have a new smoothie here at our house, and I'm obsessed.  The best part?  Griff is too!

One of my new mommie friends I've made through Griffin's pre-school shared her recipe with me - and at their house they call it a 'shakey.'  I like a lot about the Shakey - it tastes great, is easy to make, and is super healthy.  You can make any number of substitutions, just like with any smoothie, but here is how we make it:

The Shakey



  • 1 C Almond Milk
  • handful of frozen blueberries or frozen mixed berries
  • handful of frozen spinach
  • 1 T flaxseed oil or flaxseed meal (for texture-sensitive toddlers/kids go with the oil, however I will say Griffin doesn't bat an eye with the flaxseed meal)
  • 1/2 C chocolate protein powder 
  • 1/2 banana
Blend all ingredients in your blender or Ninja Master Prep (this is what I use for all smoothies and soups - I completely sing its praises, let me tell you) and serve!  

Some ideas to add in or change things up......

  • frozen kale
  • green barley powder
  • chia powder or seeds
  • soy milk (i'd use vanilla) if you're allergic to almonds
  • the sky is the limit!  
Enjoy!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment