Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Trend I'm LOVING this spring



Baggy Chinos!

Yep, the baggy/boyfriend look has moved from denim into khakis and chinos, and I couldn't be more excited. In my last buying season at Bop (tiny tear people), almost all of the notable denim designers were debuting their own version of this FAB trend, and once this baby's out and a few lbs are out the window, I will be donning a pair myself.

At market, the brand that best worked this trend (in my opinion of course) was J Brand. I stocked Bop with these in both the khaki color and army green - either a must-have in your closet for spring.



Now if $216 isn't in your budget (however I promise they'd be worth it as much as you'd wear them), I am loving what J Crew did with this trend as well. They have a Broken-in Boyfriend chino that is equally adorable and hits the trend right on the nose. They come in this amazing nickel color, shown below, and also light khaki of course.


J Crew Broken-in Boyfriend Chino in Nickel, $69.50 at jcrew.com

I know you'll probably be able to find this trend about anywhere this season - but I had to mention my two favorites. Now, if I know some of my girlfriends well, they'll be asking - how do I wear this trend? What shoes, shirt, do I roll the bottoms like in the pictures or not?

My answers to these questions:

1. Wear with a cute pair of wedges, a low heel (like what's shown with the J Crew pair), cute flip flops (Havaianas are my all time fav)......pretty much anything!

2. Tops - the rule of thumb is if you're going baggy on one part of your body, wear something slim on the other part. So if you're wearing baggy chinos, go for a more fitted tee shirt, tank, or a casual blouse like this one (by the way, these are amazing, you should own one):


James Perse Contrast Panel Shirt, $144 at barenecessities.com

3. Yes, you roll them up. Or not. Nice thing is, there is no rule on this! I would say if you're a trendier gal roll-away! If you're more classic, keep 'em long. Either way it's a trend that YOU should rock this spring and summer.

Later Gators......

1 comment: