Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Mom!



First of all, I'd like to wish all of the Mom's out there a very Happy Mother's Day weekend! I was thinking about doing an actual post on Mother's day, but then I thought: I don't want to do any kind of ANYTHING on Sunday!! It's Mother's Day and I'm a Mom - of a 2 yr old, one in the oven, and two dogs that really were our first babies.


In order to pay tribute to my wonderful Mom, I thought I'd post a couple of my favorite pictures of her. As you can see, she's thoroughly enjoying being a Grandma (she'd hate that term, so let it be known that Griffin calls her Mimi).

Mimi & Griffin - my chunky little man at 3 months




Mimi & Griffin - he had just turned 1

Mimi & Griffin at 2 years old!

So Mom, in continuing my tribute to you, THANK YOU for everything you did for me as a mother while I was growing up. I sure as heck didn't appreciate it then, but I do now, ten-fold!

As a new stay at home Mom (which my Mom was too), I am marveling about how tough this job really is. And in my memory, my Mom did it with ease. From the simple things like having our lunches ready to go in the morning for school, to having a special 'Valentines Day Breakfast' every Valentines complete with surprises at the breakfast table and something new (no doubt pink or red) to wear to school that same day.

I even give my Mom credit for really introducing my love of fashion. According to her, even at age 3 I had decided I absolutely hated wearing any kind of smocked dresses and refused to do so......(sadly, because now I think they're really cute!). And from that point on, she said that I was always picking out my outfits.....and fighting with her about them too. I don't remember how old I was when my Mom came home from the grocery store with a Glamour magazine JUST FOR ME, but I was pretty much sold on my love of clothes, makeup, jewelry, etc from that point on. I was so excited to be handed that magazine, and that my Mom had deemed me old enough to read it, I can remember the moment now. I recently shared this with my Mom, and she didn't of course even remember this instance....but like I said, it is the little things.

So thanks Mom for everything! Especially the little things.

Love,

Mollie

No comments:

Post a Comment