Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Stylish Maternity Favs....

I figure that a decent group of you reading this blog may either be Moms already, pregnant, or thinking about it sometime in the future. And as I'm nearing the end of my 2nd pregnancy, I thought I should share some of my favorite things I've been wearing this time around.


On the whole, the words stylish and maternity usually don't coincide. However, as I feel the need to always be somewhat in on the trends, whether I've got a baby belly or not, I have a few ideas to share with you! I know that I would have LOVED the help myself when I was pregnant with my first baby - I felt truly lost in a sea of ugly cheapness!


My first go-to is Michael Stars ribbed maternity tank tops. They come in a variety of colors, and are a nice basic cotton tank, just made a little longer to fit the belly. At $40, you can stock up on some basic colors and wear them with everything! They wash and wear well - no fading. You can find the basic black and white at http://www.duematernity.com/







Michael Stars Ribbed Maternity Tank, $40



Secondly, something I have been wearing a TON of is leggings. Up until about the 5th month, my regular black leggings worked just fine. As the belly starts to protrude though, its much more comfortable to be able to pull up the waist OVER the belly than have it sit scrunched underneath. I bought two pair of A Pea in the Pod black leggings for $38 and they might have been the best money I've spent all pregnancy. I wear them all the time, and wash, and wear, you get the picture.


Secret Fit Belly Jersey Maternity Legging, $38

Another favorite from A Pea in the Pod are these amazing convertible cargo pants. They also have the 'secret fit belly' and come in black, tan, white, and brown. The brown are on sale right now for $59.99 (which I bought) but all the colors are great - I also have white. I love them so much because they can either be regular length or you can roll them to crop - I have gotten a little more mileage that way out of them.....and I know if you're spending money on maternity clothes that's important!





Secret Fit Belly Poplin Convertible Cargo Pants, $88 (or $59.99) on sale in brown!


Last but certainly not least, I love me some Isabella Oliver. This brand/website is a little pricier than my earlier mentions, but the fit and quality of the clothing is AMAZING. Pretty much everything you get from this website has a great fit, color, I could go on and on. Also, shipping is free on orders over $89 (hard not to do), and there is almost always come kind of code or deal going on. A couple of tops that I have loved and lived in are these........and they come in all different and beautiful colors.






Wrap Around Top, $115


Portrait Top, $115

So hopefully if you're pregnant or might be soon, this has been somewhat helpful for you - and if you guys have any favorites, post them as comments! Good, stylish maternity wear is SO hard to find, and first-hand recommendations are always best.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know! I know that NONE of what I wore with Stella will be making a reappearance. I sold 99% of what I had once I became a SAHM. It was all work apparel.

    ReplyDelete