Thursday, May 20, 2010

Life just got a little bit crazier.....

Let me explain.



Since 2003, my husband and I have lived in Madison, Wisconsin. On March 1 (as in 3 months ago), we moved to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania for a new job. And now, in about 2 weeks, we're moving yet once again to Chicago, Illinois! AAAAAAAhhhhhhhh!



Don't get me wrong, I am really excited to be getting back to Chicago. It is the city I lived in right after college for about 5 years and it was the time of my life. I love it there - so much to do, so much shopping (important!) and of course I met Joe there. And we got married there! However I'm not really excited about the prospect of moving AGAIN coupled with the fact that I'm 32 weeks pregnant. I think you all already know that fact though.



Today, I thought it would be fun to show you a few things in Chitown that I'm very excited to get back to......

My Chicago Girls!




Lou Malnati's Pizza...mmm! - especially deep dish spinach.







Shopping! I could go on and on about this one - Mag Mile, Bucktown, Wicker Park, Lincoln Park, the simple bliss of having a Nordstrom's, an Ikea, seriously I could blabber all day.....and then there are all of the places that have popped up while I've been gone. I have a lot of 'work' to do.





Sweet Mandy B's Cupcakes - I need not explain this one



And of course Lake Michigan's great beaches...




Aside from all of that, I am thrilled to be able to raise my kids in Chicago. There is SO much to do and see. I can't wait to take Griffin to the Lincoln Park Zoo and the Shedd Aquarium. I know he'll love them both! Now, I just have to move out of Pittsburgh, into Chicago, get settled, find an OB, have a baby, no biggie, right? ;-)


Wish me luck!

7 comments:

  1. You also can't forget the best Margaritas at Adobo Grill and the sushi (coast, kamehachi, Japonais...) I am so jealous. It will be great!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam told me the news earlier this week. I feel bad that you have to move again, but glad you are going to be back in the Midwest where you belong! I wish the suburb you are moving to was within commuting distance of Madison! You guys could move back into your old house! Ah well, at least we have a better shot now of actually seeing you guys again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee! There are SEVERAL houses for sale near myself & The Huntress in Wilmette... just a quick train ride for Joe into the city- 1 walking mile to the beach... fabulous schools... I could go on and on about Wilmette. Hurry up and get here! I will help you a ton when the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so happy to have you near me again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I for one am so excited to have you back! Especially now that we're both Moms. Ry and MBaby #2 will get to grow up as BFFs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel, I couldn't agree more - Japonais, Adobo Grill, the list is long!

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats!!! where in chicago are you looking?

    Amy

    ReplyDelete