Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Lip Service

I have been getting a lot of lip service, that is, in the form of an almost 3 year old who enjoys pretending to be Mommy when she's mad.  eeeeyikes! 

That is when I think to myself, do I really sound like that?  I must, because like it or not, he's a pretty good imitator. 

The lip service that I wanted to share though with you is of a different form - a la Tarte!

Tarte is the maker of my fabulous and still favorite mascara, Lights, Camera, Lashes.  Seriously, if you haven't heard me mention this before, go out and buy it!  It's the BEST mascara out there!


To continue, I was at Sephora the other day browsing around and came across these Tarte LipSurgence lip tints.  I wasn't so sure, because usually these types of things dry out your lips and the color comes across WAY too bright.  Then, I tried them.  Hooooked!  There's a teency bit of sparkle in this 'natural lip luster lip tint,' a lot of shine, and a surprising amount of moisture!




The two I came away with were the bright pink, aka Frisky, and the peachy toned one, Glisten.  I like them both for different reasons, and I also will say they are Mom-tested.  Meaning, I can throw either on with just a coat of mascara and blush and hit up Lil' Kickers with the kiddos or just run to the grocery store.  Neither are too brash or bright or look like you're trying too hard, they look like you tried just hard enough.  ;-)

Anyone have any 'go-to' lipsticks or glosses or tints that you love?  I am always looking for yet another to add to the weight of my handbag (if you know me you know my lip gloss/lipstick collection is excessive). 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love my Mac lipgloss! Its my must have along with my regular chapstick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with Lights Camera Lashes. Someone recently asked me if I was wearing fake lashes and nope, it was Tarte. Love!

    ReplyDelete