Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Table Wine


In the same week that I posted about being on a 'smoothie kick' I am also posting about a great table wine. Hmmm......it's about balance, right?

I am always on the search for a great table wine; something we keep around the house that isn't too expensive and I can open up and have a glass with dinner or after the kids go to bed. Also something that i can find at most grocery stores, right?

So.....I was pleasantly surprised over the weekend when on Sunday I was at Whole Foods doing some shopping and they had a wine rep there providing some tastings.....that's my kind of tasting! Forget the food, bring on the vino!

I spoke with the rep and said usually I like a Cabernet Sauvignon, something dry and not too fruity. So, she recommended 'Friends.Red.' It's a 2009 Sonoma County Red Wine, that is a blend of Merlot, Zinfandel, Syrah, and Sangiovese. Let me tell you, it's fabulous! I had a taste in the store, and liked it enough to try it out for $11.99. And every night this week I have had a great treat after a long day balancing kids, work, exercise, cleaning, the list could go on as many of you can attest!

It's produced by Pedroncelli Winery in Sonoma, CA......look out Pedroncelli Winery, I might make a stop next time we go to Napa (soon, honey?).


I would love to know if any of you readers have any great red table wines that you LOVE - so much better to take someones word for it than to try a random bottle in the store un-taste tested.

Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. so Christmas about a year and a half ago I was at a wine shop and saw a wine called "Middle Sister" it was about $12/bottle. I had never heard of it but I loved the name, I am the middle sister, all my sisters were going to be at my house for dinner on Christmas eve and the label is so cute so I had to buy it. It was soo good.

    well fast forward to about 6 months ago I am at our Target store and now they carry it for $10/bottle. I highly recommend trying it and if you don't like it, you are not out too much money. I have tried both the reds and the whites, they are all good

    ReplyDelete