Monday, March 28, 2011

Preoccupied..........but always shopping

Last week I inadvertently took a blogging break.  I don't know what it was specifically, I just got BUSY!  I've got Griff's 3rd birthday coming up this next weekend, and that along with my rep job (along with that whole Mommy job) has kept me running around like a nut!  I have also been calling everyone a 'nut' lately.  I find it funny that sometimes people find a saying or a word and then they use it to death...........do you?  That's what I've been doing with the word 'nut.'  Everyone who is slightly crazy is deemed a 'nut.'  It's funny when you say it out loud and with some gusto - try it!  Maybe I'll spark a trend.......

ANYWAY, I wanted to share a couple of fabulous flat finds I came across while shopping with my girlfriend Heather a couple of weekends ago.  I love love love shopping with Heather because she completely trusts my fashion opinion and as long as she likes what I pick out for her, it goes!  It's very therapeutic because it's LIKE I'm spending money, but I'm not - someone else is!  :-)  So anyway Heather told me she needed some new shoes to take her from Winter to Summer - and I of course said that A) she needs some Hunter boots and B) she needs a few pairs of 'go-to' flats.

Here are our picks from the trip:


1.  Hunter Boots.  No brainer right?  I suggest a neutral color that goes with everything so you literally CAN throw them on, on a rainy day with either leggings or skinny jeans. What could be easier, dry, and most importantly, fashionable?


2.  Stuart Weitzman's Giveable Ballet Flats.  Why are these deemed fab to me?  They are SO COMFY I could sleep in them.  I'm not really kidding here.  They have an elastic band (the black part) around the edge so there is no chafing your poor wintry skin that hasn't breathed fresh air for a few months.  And trust me, when it's flat season, the band aids and Dr. Scholl's moleskin come out for a couple of weeks while I break in my skin again.  EEEyikes.  The things I do for style.  Secondly, they are classic, timeless and simple.  Match with everything.   I could go on, but you get my point.




3.  Ivanka Trump's Diaspi Flat.  Yes, Ivanka started her own shoe line!  I don't know a whole lot about her other than that she's super smart, rich, on Celebrity Apprentice, and now preggers, but I like her style.  These flats are so perfect for every single day - think about it - throw them on with just about anything and they'll work.  Plus, they are again, ridiculously comfortable.  I am such a big comfort person on flats that I actually sold all of my Tory Burch flats on Ebay because they just weren't cutting it in the comfort department.  Not worth it, even though I do love a good TB flat on anyone else.  :-)


2 comments:

  1. OK i love the SW flats, I need to take you shopping with me too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving those Stuart W. flats!! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete