Friday, April 22, 2011

Fashion Police: Hair Do or Don't?

I was watching the Today show yesterday and there was a segment on 'Hot Hair Trends.' Of course I had to know what these trends are (even though my haircut/style hasn't changed since I was born, ha) and I attempted to listen to this segment between my loud happy screaming 9 month old and my loud dinosaur-growling 3 year old.  Morning TV relaxing time isn't what it used to be.

Moving along......the trends noted were:

Hair Tinsel


and Hair Jewelry


Let's discuss.  

My thoughts (and just my opinion, I am open to ALL opinions on this!) is that I really like the hair jewelry a la Kim Kardashian.  Being a long haired girl, it's fun to try new things and I think it looks great how she's wearing it - a simple beautiful pulled back ponytail, simple black dress, and the highlight is on her hair.  

Onto the hair tinsel (which I first saw on one of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills), I'm not as big of a fan.  I sort of think that it looks good on Beyonce, but I sort of think it belongs on girls under age 10.



Shazam!  

5 comments:

  1. Total agreement. Kim K could wear anything and make it look good; Adrienne not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree. The hair tinsel should be left for slumber parties for girls under 10!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally am not a fan of either but the stars some how pull it off. And I agree with Sarah that Kim K can wear almost anything and make it look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. although i love me some adrienne maloof from RHW-BH, blech...hair tinsel is a don't

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I went on a FB tirade about this when I first saw it on RHofBH. Don't like it, don't understand it. Unless your 10- then maybe it's ok.

    ReplyDelete